The town of Trenton was formed from the town of Schyuler, Herkimer
County, March 24, 1797.  The first town meeting was held in the home of
Thomas Hicks on April 4, 1797.  The first settler to the town was Gerrit Boon,
and agent for the Holland Land Company.  Some of the other earlier settlers
included John Storrs, Robert Hicks, Peter Schuyler,
John P. Little, Cheny Garrett and William Rollo.

Current Historian:
Town of Trenton Historical Department
PO Box 206
Barneveld, NY 13304

Excerpts from minute books of First Baptist Church of Trenton

Stittville in History

Stittville Methodist Church