The town of Vienna is situated on the Western border of Oneida County. It was formed from the town of Camden on April 3, 1807 and it's origanl name was "Orange." The name was changed to "Bengal" in 1808 and later to "Vienna" on April 12, 1816. Ephraim Church is credited with being the first settler in this town who located there in about the year 1797 and Issac Cook and Timothy Halstead soon followed. They were joined soon by Luther Fisher, Alexander and Jonathan Graves, John Tully, Peter Gibbons, and Issac Babcock.
P.O. Box 250
North Bay. N.Y. 13123
|Short history of the hamlet Jewell||1850 Sketch in Rome Citizen|
|History of Whiskey Island||History of Elpis|
|Vienna Residents 1907||McConnellsville Residents 1907|
|Sylvan Beach Lighthouse|